Commitment to Privacy
Protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information is an important aspect of HearingLife’s operations. The appropriate collection, use and disclosure of our clients’ personal health information are fundamental to our day-to-day operations and to your care. We strive to provide you with excellent care and service, which includes treating your personal information with respect. Each employee of HearingLife Canada Ltd. must abide by our commitment to privacy in the handling of personal information.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The personal information that we collect may include, for example, your name, date of birth, address, health history and records of your visits to HearingLife Canada Ltd. including any support and services that you received during those visits. We may use your personal information to:
- Upon completion of a consent form and as directed by you, we may communicate with your family, your various health care providers including your family physician and/or other health care providers and release personal health information to your employer, your insurance company or another designated individual to ensure the continuity of care and in order to treat, support and care for you
- Plan, administer and manage our internal operation and conduct risk-management activities;
- Administer any benefits you may be entitled to;
- Order your products through a supplier;
- Conduct quality improvement activities (such as sending client satisfaction surveys); and
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements and fulfill other purposes permitted or required by law
We can assure you that we only use your personal health information for direct care or administrative purposes and access to your personal health record is restricted. HearingLife Canada Ltd. retains client records and personal information in accordance with applicable statutes and privacy legislation and from time to time uses data hosting and storage facilities located outside of Canada (which in no way compromises the security of your personal information). We rely on you to ensure the accuracy of our information. Under no circumstances do we sell patient lists or other personal information to third parties.
For More Information, Comments or Complaints
Personal information Definition
Personal information is information that can identify an individual or information about an identifiable individual. We may collect personal information such as:
- your contact information - e.g., name, postal address, telephone number, and email address;
- your personal preferences - e.g., product wish lists, language preferences, and marketing consent
- your transaction information - e.g., products purchased, method of payment, amount paid, signature, and credit or debit card number.
In addition, we may collect the following types of information:
- we may ask you for your postal code, for example, to assist us with market research, planning our flyer distribution, and other marketing communications;
- we may collect certain data when you visit our Web Sites, such as your IP address, the type of browser you are using or the referring URL; or
- we may collect and summarize customer information in an aggregate format for internal statistical and research purposes. We may, for example, summarize our data to determine that a certain percentage of contest entrants are male, aged 18 to 25.
You may choose not to provide us with your personal information. However, if you make this choice, we may not be able to provide you with the product, service, or information that you requested.
HearingLife Canada Ltd.
4950 Yonge Street, Suite 1600, Toronto, ON M2N 6K1